Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Qioptiq workshop

15 Nov


  The first question that I had in mind when I come into contact with this company was what does Qioptiq stands for and what does it do or manufacture. After some thorough research, I find out that this company design and manufacture photonics products and solutions for different purposes, for instance such as industrial uses, defense purposes and also communications.

  Well, all this requires physics and physics is one of my weakest sciences. I thought that I would not have much interest in this after all but it turns out to be the other way round. I really enjoyed the workshop by Qioptiq and especially the humorous speaker, Mr Ronian Siew, he really made the whole workshop lively and enjoyable. The session lasted for about 3 hours and the time spent there was worthwhile.

  I enjoyed the part where we work together as a team to come up with a dental imaging product. In this process, all our minds are working together as a team to produce a product that is able to be applied in real life. Some of the sciences that are involved are lenses in physics.

  Therefore, from this workshop and lecture, I have many takeaways that are not really possible in our daily school lives. I learnt the correct way to brainstorm for more creative ideas, work as a team and come up with a product. However, I have to admit that the process of coming up with a product is extremely challenging. We have to put ourselves in the engineers’ shoes and come up with a product that will solve the customers’ requirements and yet at the same time, cheap and portable such as the dental imaging system. Through this workshop, I learnt a lot and enjoyed as much. This experience is really valuable and will be clearly etched in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment